It's been a tumultuous past month for many of us. In particular, there are many outstanding and brave organizations that are anxious about the years ahead. They are nervous that their work will become harder, that the people they help will be ostracized further, that their lands and rivers will be polluted beyond saving. Now, more than ever, we need to stand up for and support the values we hold dear. In this spirit of continued commitment to fighting for what we believe in, we are doing a special #GivingTuesday sale that supports our incredible Modavanti brands and gives back to worthy organizations that can use our collective support more than ever.
Through tomorrow, everything on the site is 10% off (use code: GiveGood).
We are matching that sale with a 10% donation in your name to 5 organizations who need support more than ever. Whether you care about climate change, civil liberties, refugee rights, women's health or Standing Rock your purchases will make a difference in more ways than one! Vote with your wallet and join us in making an impact during the holiday shopping season.
Why we are supporting these 5 organizations:
1. NRDC: The NRDC creates solutions for lasting environmental change, protecting
natural resources in the United States and across the globe. As an organization it "seeks to influence federal and state environmental and other agencies to reduce global warming, limit pollution, and generally conserve energy and increase sustainability of commerce and manufacturing. Our earth is under assault from climate deniers. This work is more important than ever.
**The charity monitoring group Charity Navigator gave the Natural Resources Defense Council four out of four stars in its three rating categories: overall, financial practices, and accountability & transparency
2. ACLU: Since the election there have been an unacceptable and unnerving spike in hate crimes. The ACLU's mission is "to defend and preserve the individual rights and liberties guaranteed to every person in this country by the Constitution and laws of the United States." In response, the ACLU has stepped up it's Human Rights project which advocates for protecting immigrants rights, gay rights, and minority rights. This is more critical than ever.
3. IRC: The Russian aided Assad regime's massacre of its people in Syria has displaced 10M people, forcing more than 3.5M refugees to flee Syria completely. Millions more have escaped ISIS, the fighting in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sudan and dozens of other conflict zones around the world. The IRC is a global humanitarian aid, relief and development nongovernmental organization founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, that offers emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution or natural disaster. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries to help the greatest influx of refugees the world has seen since WWII.
4. Planned Parenthood: This one is easy. Women's health is under assault here in the US and globally and Planned Parenthood provides reproductive health services such as "birth control and long-acting reversible contraception, emergency contraception, breast and cervical cancer screening, pregnancy testing and pregnancy options counseling, testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections; sex education, vasectomies,LGBT services, and abortion," both in the United States and globally. Few organizations do more to promote women's health in rural and poor areas.
5. Standing Rock: Last but not least, is Standing Rock. We have been so impressed with the tribes of the Standing Rock Indian Reservation and the protesters who have joined them to protest the building of Dakota Access Oil Pipeline which is a violation of their territorial lands and endangers their main water supply that their communities are dependent on. Harsh winter and a more brutal national guard threaten the protests camps. We must all stand with the People of Standing Rock. Your donation will go to vital supplies, food, blankets, shelter and other necessary gear and items to help the protesters continue their efforts.